Who We Are
The National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference is the Hispanic Evangelical Association unifying, serving and representing the Hispanic Born Again Community via the 34,200 member churches and 16 million constituents by reconciling the vertical and horizontal of the Chirstian mesage through the 7 Directives of Life, Family, Great Commission, Stewardship, Justice, Education and Youth.
The organization was founded with the purpose of providing a unified voice for the Hispanic Born Again Christians of all denominations in the United States of America. Lead by many of the top Hispanic Christian pastors, denominational leaders, businessmen and civil servants, the NHCLC is the preeminent voice for the Hispanic Church today. For a list of active partners, please CLICK HERE.
We exist to unify, serve and represent the Hispanic Evangelical Community with the divine (vertical) and human (horizontal) elements of the Christian message via our 7 Directives of Life, Family, Great Commission, Education, Justice, Stewardship and Youth.
We are quoted, identified, profiled and/or recognized by major media outlets and leading organizations/agencies/institutions including CNN, Newsweek, Bill Moyers, The Wall St. Journal, Boston Globe, New York Times, USA Today, NBC, Los Angeles Times, US News and World Report, MSNBC, Fox News, Ministries Today, Charisma Magazine, Christianity Today, United States Congress, Promise Keepers, Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary , Chitwood and Chitwood, The Charismatic Leadership Council, Oral Roberts University, Liberty University, Faith in Public Life, Christian Post, and the largest denominations in America a long side other leading evangelical organizations as the preeminent Latino Christian Organization and the voice of the Hispanic Evangelical community.
By God’s Grace and Favor, the NHCLC stands recognized as:
- “America’s Largest Hispanic Christian Organization”, CNN, US News and World Report, San Francisco Chronicle, Washington Post, New York Times, Christian Post, Newsweek, NBC, Center for American Progress, Faith in Public Life, Obama’s Domestic Policy Director Melody Barnes.
- "The NHCLC represents a broad-based Christian social ethic that speaks truth to power, empowerment to the disenfranchised, and God's profound unconditional love to all. It is a spirit-filled movement which transcends ethnic, denominational, and political divisions for the advancement of the Kingdom of God. It is also a 'super-church' fulfilling the prophetic role of one crying in the American wilderness 'prepare the way of the Lord.'", Rev. Dr. Daniel F. Flores, MDiv, PhD, President, The Hispanic Wesleyan Society (Sociedad Wesleyana)
- “The NHCLC exists to serve Hispanic Evangelicals and Hispanic Evangelical churches as they seek to participate in the Mission of God and pro-actively seek justice and peace for all United States Americans.” Daniel A. Rodriguez, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Religion, Pepperdine University
- “The Voice for Hispanic Christians in America”, CNN, Fox News, News Week, Washington Post, Faith in Public Life, Center for American Progress, Danny Carroll PHD and author “Christians at the Border”
- “The most quoted, profiled and featured Hispanic Faith Organization in American History”, Jesse Miranda Center for Hispanic Christian Leadership
- "The NHCLC fills a critical role in today's America. It gives voice to the millions of voiceless Hispanics people of faith who have turned to NHCLC as their chosen advocate. NHCLC is the steady, rational force that brings promise to America's future as it empowers Hispanics to love God and love this country with the same fervency that has led to our country's greatness. We are grateful for the work of this excellent organization.", Carlos Campo, Ph. D., President-elect, Regent University
- "The NHCLC is the leading voice in America for the Hispanic movement. With my role overseeing the Hispanic Center at Oral Roberts University, I am especially supportive of the Conference's Education Directive. Empowering Latino students to graduate high school and continue on to higher education is paramount to the future of the Hispanic community." Dr. Daniel Guajardo, Dean of Student Development and Director of the Hispanic Center, Oral Roberts University
As the daughter organization and the heir of A.M.E.N, the first ever national Hispanic evangelical network, we stand committed to continuing the legacy of Dr. Jesse Miranda, our chief executive. Today, A.M.E.N is the leadership arm of the NHCLC. Accordingly, as the nation’s oldest and largest Hispanic evangelical organization we desire to partner with you in contextualizing the narrative of Christianity, domestically and worldwide.
We stand committed to reconciling the vertical and horizontal elements of the Christian Cross. A Cross that is Covenant and Community, Salvation and Transformation, Righteousness and Justice, John 3:16 and Matthew 25, Billy Graham and Martin Luther King Jr.
What leaders are saying about NHCLC:
"NHCLC represents a much needed culturally affirmative worldview with a deeper spiritual expression and a broader social agenda and is an authentic, independent witness of strong Christian principles for the growing, diverse Latino community."
—Dr. Jesse Miranda
"The NHCLC is a prophetic voice to and for the Hispanic/Latino Christian community in the United States with a clear focus on providing a message of hope to our youth and families. I am grateful to be connected to this national ministry, especially when we have opportunity to advocate and act on behalf of "the least of these" among us."
—Albert L. Reyes, President, Buckner Children & Family Services
"NHCLC has served as a conduit for social action and change for Hispanic churches across the country. In addition, NHCLC provides a breath of fresh air for Hispanic leaders and their ministries. As I complete my first year as part of the executive board, I am proud to be associated with this organization and its work. I look forward to further advancement on the issues faced by the Hispanic community in the coming year."
—Rev. Wilfredo De Jesus, Senior Pastor, New Life Covenant Ministries